Monday 31 May 2010

RHS Young Designer of the Year


Thank god it's official! Finally I can talk about that which has permeated my life completely! I am one of the Finalists for the young designer competition, have won a £12000 grant and building a show garden at Tatton Park! I've been under a media embargo since February, but finally that is over and I can talk about it...
The last two weeks have been a roller-coaster of incredible events, starting with the media launch and public announcement of the three finalist for the RHS Young Designer of the Year award. This consisted of a meeting with representatives of the media and Laurent Perrier MD ( who support the competition) and an exclusive behind the scenes tour of Chelsea as a construction site with Tom Stuart Smith no less!
The following week I was back at Chelsea, by which time it was open the the public. Here I was interviewed by Alan Titchmarch inside Andy Sturgeons garden which won best in show! If I had an opportunity to see into the future 3 years ago, I would have been in utter disbelief! This turn of events is beyond my wildest dreams..
I now have one month left before I move up to Tatton Park for 3 - 4 weeks to build my show garden. I hope the months of preparation and planning pay off and I end up producing a beautiful show garden worthy of a gold medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails