Friday 11 June 2010

3 weeks till show garden time!

(Oxford times photo)

This week has been yet again very eventful.. Not only has the realisation hit that I only have 3 weeks left until I move up to Manchester for a month and begin the build of my show garden, but the Oxford media have caught on to my story. This week headlines in 2 of the main papers and in on-line news pages blasted titles of 'Ex-BMW TEST DRIVER GRABS GARDEN PRIZE' and more variations on the theme. Clearly my past as a factory working test driver come garden designer has inspired them...

My very expensive of birch plywood destined to become the boundary wall of the show garden was finally delivered! I'd sourced this incredible material over the internet, they had the boards made up to my specification, including the different grain directions I wanted and to FSC standard. A huge articulated lorry came to the little village lane where my contractor who is prefabricating my boundary lives. This humongous jumbo lorry then proceeded to reverse 1 mile down the lane to drop off it's load at the farmers barn which we are hiring to build the boundary. I then gave my contractor the giant template I had printed for him to cut the shapes from. Very exciting indeed, especially when you finally have some solid evidence of all the hard work you're doing. There is about 1 ton of ply, and it looks lovely, though may have to be stained to make the grain stand out a little more...

So 3 weeks left. Only 6 of which are free working days for show garden planning, not taken up by the nursery I work in, and still I have so much to do! Tick tick tick tock!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck - it sounds great and like the planning is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails