Saturday 26 June 2010

Last weekend and the BBC

So an other early rise today, as I've given up on the notion of long nights of unbroken sleep. My mind is constantly awake revising details of the show garden and remaining tasks. I've only a week left before the mayhem of building begins. Strangely I've been very calm and relaxed lately, probably just the quiet before the storm.. On Monday I'm doing a 45 minute radio interview for radio Oxford, I really cant imagine what I'll talk about for so long, and today the BBC are filming me as part of a piece which covers before during and after the competition. They want to see me working at my desk... which I must say is unfortunate. My desk is 2 meters from my bed, and as I only clean up my 'office' once I've completed a project it's a complete sty of papers wires pens and books. So very unprofessional and hardly the impression I want to give!! We are also going up to Orchard Dene where I work to film my show garden plants, in this at least I can be proud. I've spent hours and hours tending those plants, potting them up, watering etc, and they look fantastic!
This morning a huge pack came through the door with all my vehicle and delivery badges and passes, which I now have to post and send out to all my  major providers. Just goes to show how complex an organisation of an RHS show and show garden is. But how exciting! I cant wait to see my trees arrive on a giant lorry, or my crazy boundary wall once it's erected, will my giant steel water tanks look stunning or will the black powder coating make them look like cheep PVC. I feel this garden will look stunning, I have a vision in my head, and the task is to extrapolate that and make it a reality. Anything can happen in the interim and who knows what the end result will be - the important thing is to enjoy the process....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails